Monday, June 3, 2013

Technology in the Classroom....Have you tried Symbaloo?

This year, I felt so fortunate that our school received a grant to become a STEM school.  As part of the grant that we received, our school was given a large amount of technology, which included laptops and iPads! Grades K-2 received iPads, while grades 3-6 received laptops.  What wonderful opportunities for the students of our school!!  However, as you may have experienced, it can be frustrating and time consuming to have students type in addresses of each website you use in class.  That is when a co-worker introduced me to Symbaloo!!




This website is so nice because you can quickly and easily create an icon for any website.  Once your students login to Symbaloo, they will see all of the icons you have added.  The end result is very close to an app on an iPad!!  The students click the tile and they are automatically transferred to the website!!  I have a lot of students access these programs at home as well.  Once they know the password, the students can use this site at home.  They especially love using the websites with math games!! Many students mentioned that they were planning to use them during the summer!  :)  

This site has helped me so much this year!! It cut down considerably on the time I spent helping students get to a website.  It was also a HUGE help when we were researching certain projects.  I was able to guide the students with their Internet research!  For example, when we researched insects, I was able to place several quality, kid-friendly sites on Symbaloo!  Researching is new and can be difficult for third grade, but this was a big help!  

Best of all, creating an account is FREE!!!  :)  Click here to sign up for a new account today!!  






1 comment:

  1. I have used Symbaloo for the last few years and love it. I have been at 2 different schools in the last 3 years and all my sites come with me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...